Career with us
Senior Consultant, Oil & Gas, Latin America Region
Industry Essence, Consulting Team
- Undertake key client interaction in support of the development of Industry Essence’s Consulting business in Latin America region
- Analyse key trends in oil, gas, and other power industry (Industry analysis, market sizing, understanding dynamics, identification of key opportunities and hurdles, and provide real-time solution to clients)
- Developing thought leadership for Latin America sub-region—providing strategic insights and regular research inputs (writing reports and presentations) about the region and issues affecting clients based there
- Coordinate with the sales and marketing teams on Business Development (BD) of consulting opportunities — Power, Downstream, Midstream, Upstream, Coal, and others
- Author research articles/publications by coordinating with research teams and analysts
- Assisting the sales team with subject matter expertise in client visits
- Lead and train a team of junior analysts
- Speak at client events and external events and communicate Industry Essence messages with them
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, consulting, or in business research. Energy industry experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree along with Postgraduate degree in economics, statistics, engineering, management or industry-related fields is required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education is suitable.
- Fluency in English and other LatAm languages is a major plus.
- Lead Analyst – Research and Analytics
- Industry Essence – Syndicate Research Team
- Support Analytics and Research teams.
Actively look for ways to improve delivery process of standard analysis/presentations through automation, streamlining, and by developing self-serve platforms.
- Consistently improve our capability to analyze large data/databases and interpret findings in visuals/graphics to make data decisions simple.
- Help execute our multi-year roadmap for analytics team.
- Support the rationalization of current reporting inventory and establish future state reporting requirements.
- Study and support Business Process Reengineering needs.
- Provide analytics and information to stakeholders to help address their business questions.
- Create high quality analytics/reports and translate them into value added decisions and actions.
- Develop dashboards to easily visualize critical business health metrics.
- Bachelors and Masters Degree preferably in statistics, mathematics, computer engineering, technology, and business management.
- 5-7 years of working experience in data analytics and visualization, business intelligence, predictive modelling, or in analytical consulting.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills.
- Intermediate SQL skills.
- Preferable experience with one or more BI platforms (Oracle BI tools, Endeca, R, Python, etc.)
- Prefer familiarity data visualization tools (Tableau, Endeca, Spotfire, etc.)